Another venture of freezer meals for when Marshall arrives and this time we’re going Mexican for dinner! Because who doesn’t love Mexican food? With this taco pasta bake my love for noodles and Mexican have been met. I actually made this for dinner tonight and doubled the recipe so I could freeze the extra portion. Freezing instructions, and as always calories & macros, are included below!
- 1lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz can Hunts tomato sauce
- 1 small can Rotel diced tomatoes & green chiles
- 1 and 1/2 cups 2% Kraft Mexican shredded cheese
- 8 oz dry Cavatappi noodles or elbow (use whole grain to up fiber & protein amount!)
- Sour cream, Greek yogurt, guacamole or tortilla chips for garnish (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Boil pasta according to instructions. While pasta is cooking brown beef with seasoning of choice. I used salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and cumin. Once beef is done drain and add tomato sauce and diced tomatoes, then add noodles. Top with cheese and bake for 15 minutes. I topped mine with crushed tortilla chips and Greek yogurt and it was delicious!
Macros (per serving of 8 servings or about 1 cup, not including garnishes): 260 calories, 9g fat, 24g carbs, 21g protein, 1g fiber
To freezer simply put in an 8×8 tin pan and once completely cooled cover with tin foil. It will last up to 3 months. Reheat at 350 degrees for 30 mins covered and 15 mins uncovered.