Forever on a search to not feel like I’m dieting but not get fat. Haha! Thomas and I rarely get Chinese takeout because it’s filled with sauces and fried meats that we end up having to save all of our fat for the day! So I set out to make a yummy chicken lo mein that wouldn’t break the macro bank. I adapted this recipe from one I found online by adding more meat and veggies. Holy crap did it turn out delicious!
- 1 and 1/2 lbs chicken breast, cut into small chunks
- 1 16 oz box of linguine, cut in half
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut 3 inches long or grated
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 bunch green onions, cut 3 inches long
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional, not included in macros)
Cook chicken in pot on medium heat for 5-6 minutes. Once it is no longer pink add the pasta and broth and bring to a boil then add in the remainder of the ingredients, stir, cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and let cook through for about 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. You may end up needing to add more liquid but do so slowly. I did not. Enjoy!
Macros per serving (yields 8 servings, about 1 and 1/2 cups): 355 calories, 4g fat, 48g carbs, 30g protein, 3g fiber