Putting my overly ripened bananas to work on this recipe! I haven’t had banana bread in a long time and boy was I craving it. After experimenting with some revisions on my banana muffin recipe (thanks to the internet) this delightful banana bread was born and boy was it delicious! It’s high in carbs so it’s perfect for a training day, refeed day, or those who are on maintenance or bulking. Happy flexible dieting!
- 1 and 2/3 cup unbleached flour
- 60g whey protein powder (I used Optimum Nutrition’s vanilla ice cream flavor)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas, about 2-3 large bananas
- 1/2 cup Fair Life skim milk (can use other milk but will change the macros slightly)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip (optional, not included in macros)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium size bowl mix together flour, protein powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter (I used an handheld mixer at medium speed) until well blended. Add eggs in one at a time, beating well. Add mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla extract and mix until well blended. Gently add dry ingredients to banana mixture. Add batter into a greased loaf pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center. Allow to cool for 10 minutes. Enjoy!
Macros (per serving, recipe makes 8): 259 calories, 7g fat, 37g carbs, 11g proteinShare Post: