It’s Girl Scout season and I’m stayin’ strong! As much as I love those little cookies I swear there’s crack in there. I can never eat them without finishing a whole sleeve! I haven’t made protein donuts in awhile so I decided to recreate the beloved Samoa in protein donut form! Needless to say they turned out incredible! The base recipe is from my protein donut hole recipe which can be made using a muffin pan, so if you don’t have a donut pan fear not!
- 2 scoops of protein powder (I used PEScience chocolate)
- 3/4 cup unbleached all purpose flour (whole wheat will change the taste a bit)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar (you can sub with applesauce or banana)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tbsp Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Smucker’s sugar free caramel sauce
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened shredded coconut
- Lite chocolate sauce to drizzle (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix dry ingredients together. In another bowl, mix together wet. Add wet ingredients to the bowl with dry. Grease muffin tin and fill each about 3/4 the way. Bake for 10 to 12 mins (check with toothpick). Take them out and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
Macros for chocolate protein donuts (NO toppings, per donut, recipe makes 12): 80 calories, 2g fat, 11g carbs, 6g protein
To make these Samoa donuts I simply mixed together 1/2 cup of Smucker’s sugar free caramel sauce and 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes then topped each donut with the mixture. I drizzled a little lite chocolate sauce over the top to make it look like a Samoa (didn’tt count macros on this!). They are insanely good, especially for the macros!
Macros for coconut & caramel topping (per donut): 63 calories, 3g fat, 9g carbs, 0g protein
Macros for Samoa donuts (per donut, recipe makes 12): 143 calories, 5g fat, 20g carbs, 6g proteinShare Post: